Wednesday, April 28, 2010

This morning, I had left-over rice and beans for breakfast. I just started this diet at dinner last night (Tuesday). A moment of shame hit me when I couldn't find the left-over containers in a pretty packed refrigerator. The feeling that it was all a farce grew inside me when I served myself a portion into a nice, clean glass bowl with shiny spoon still warm from the dishwasher. "Who am I kidding?" I thought as I hit the convenient one-minute button on the microwave. Then, I sat at the table alone, and for a moment was tempted to turn on the TV. Instead, I stopped, looked around - at the appliances, dishes, all the do-dads in the kitchen, and then down at my bowl. When I whispered a prayer of thanks for my food, I knew God was close and working something out inside me. My heart was truly thankful.
~Emi Wieczorek

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Emi; we can all identify with your ambivalent feelings.

    ReplyDelete