Thursday, April 29, 2010

I'm not the only one who misses Starbucks

So this week we are on a subsistence diet which includes oatmeal, beans and rice. That means no Starbucks. I miss my Chai. But funny I am not the only one. Zach wanted a treat with his tea at snacktime and when he looked at the empty snack draw he turned to me and said "Can we go to Starbucks for a treat?"  Of course this week it's easy, I don't even have to think about how to respond. We are not hitting any restaurants or grocery stores this week. He quickly said "Well let's go to Starbucks and just have oatmeal. They have that there." (pretty clever I thought) . But again I said "Nope sorry bud." He sighed. And then I thought why not see how much he has taken in this week. And so I asked, 'Why?" "Why are we not going to Starbucks this week." Without hesitation he said, 'Because people who have nothing to eat don't ever get to go to Starbucks."

submitted by Nici Smith

1 comment: