Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Tuesday Prayer Guide

Look at the attached map of Natick as part of this devotional/prayer time.

"Is not this the kind of fasting I have chosen: to loose the chains of injustice and untie
the cords of the yoke, to set the oppressed free and break
every yoke?

Is it not to share your food with the hungry and to provide the poor wanderer with
shelter—when you see the naked, to clothe him, and not to turn away from your own
flesh and blood?

Then your light will break forth like the dawn, and your healing will quickly appear;
then your righteousness will go before you, and the glory of the LORD will be your rear
guard. Isaiah 58:6-8

7,000,501,421 current total world population
916,471,585 undernourished people in the world
30,323 people who died of hunger today
9,373,480 people who died of hunger this year

At 12AM this morning, there were 30,000 people living in Natick, MA. By 6AM, 7,500 of them
had perished from starvation – by 12PM, a total of 15,000 had perished from starvation – and
by 6PM, 75% of the whole town had perished from starvation. By 11:59PM tonight, all will be
gone. And so it goes across the world… EVERY DAY.

Turn to God in prayer….
Holy God, I long for your light to shine in my life and in the dark world.
We need your healing touch and your protecting shield of righteousness.
Continue to remind me that these gifts will break out when I take actions to feed the
hungry and provide for the poor.
Be my rear guard today and tell me what I can do to make a difference for You today.
I pray in Your holy name.
AMEN

(approximate numbers as of 11-2-2011 www.stopthehunger.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment