Monday, November 7, 2011

Monday prayer guide

 
 
Monday
Here’s an exercise you can do: Take out the church directory (or a school directory). Imagine crossing out every seventh family unit in the directory. Or do it in pencil as part of this devotional time.
 
"And God is able to provide you with every blessing in abundance, so that by always having enough of everything, you may share abundantly in every
good work."  2 Corinthians 9:8
 
More than 1 billion people in the world don't get enough to eat.  
That's one of every seven people on the planet.  
That’s one of every seven people in your town.  

That’s one of every seven people here at NPC.  

Look through the NPC Church Directory and imagine that those names that are crossed out do not have enough to eat… are you one?  Is your name close to one that is “crossed out”?  

Those who are hungry, somewhere in the world, do have names and addresses. Let the reality of this sink in.

Turn to God in prayer….
Holy God, open the eyes of my heart so that I can see You
                   and remember how You want me to live.
Holy Jesus, help me understand how much You love
                   those who suffer and are in need.
Holy Spirit, guide me and show me how I can
                   share from my abundance today.  
Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, break my heart and reform it
                   to be like yours.  
Open my hand and make me generous to share
                   the many gifts You have given me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment